Sunday, March 20, 2011

An Open Apology to Bartenders . . .

Photobucket
Alex Ott photo via The New York Times

Remember that New York Times article in which a "former" bartender insulted his peers by stating that they "should never be people who come up with cocktails, because they have no education" ...

Well, after being skewered here and other media outlets, he has issued an apology on Facebook:

"I know that The New York Times article published on Wednesday spurred a lot of controversy amongst the bartending community across the country. Those who have worked with me, met me, and especially my clients and establishments know that I mean no harm or disrespect.

"My profession and background in this topic specialize in the biochemistry of botanicals, flavor and food science, and its direct application in drinks, spirits and the consumer. I never intended to offend, put myself on a pedestal or appear to have turned my back on my bartending roots. Kanpai!"

Too little, too late?! Only time will tell . . .

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Too late!

312 Dining Diva said...

I had a feeling he was going to do this. :/

TODD APPEL said...

Too little...It's never too late...That "apology" was condescending, arrogant and clearly not contrite...Dude, just go away...