Sunday, March 4, 2012
Notes From: 'Keepin' It Classy' Crawl
Lucky participants, who came out for Google Chicago/312 Dining Diva's first-ever 'Keepin' It Classy Crawl,' chilling out in Tru's gorgeous cocktail lounge. (Photos: 312 Dining Diva)
• Google Places teamed up with 312 Dining Diva and Uber car service for the first-ever Keepin' It Classy Crawl on Saturday.
• Through a contest, 12 guests won seats on the "underground" drinking-and-dining tour, which took them to three upscale hot spots in the city. They had no idea where they were going until they arrived at each destination.
• First stop: Tavernita's Barcito, where guests noshed on a number of Spanish-inspired small plates from Executive Chef Ryan Poli. Highlights included pork belly bocadillos, foie gras conserva and Iberico lardo.
• Guests also sipped the signature Booty Collins cocktail and sangria—which were on tap behind the bar.
• Second stop: L20, where guests were whisked through the kitchen to the luxurious private dining room.
• Executive Chef Matthew Kirkley whipped up a number of canapes (cantaloupe & foie gras!) and a scallop dish of foie gras, hon-shimeji and argan oil.
• Generous pours of Riesling Kabinett complemented the dishes.
• Desserts were custom-designed macarons in signature Google colors.
• Final stop: Tru, where guests settled into the gorgeous cocktail lounge for the most decadent part of the evening.
• Indulgences included Executive Chef Anthony Martin's stunning white sturgeon "caviar" dish with avocado and hazelnut accents.
• Guests also previewed new cocktail Scotsman Can Take A Punch (Glenmorangie 10-year, Chartreuse, green tea and ginger), set to appear on the menu this spring.
• Plans are underway for the second Google Places/312DD collaboration. Follow 312 Dining Diva on Twitter for the 411 on our next fabulous feast!