Thursday, April 19, 2012
Notes From . . .
(Photos: Onasis Odelmo for Storefront Company)
... The Exhibition A Series launch party hosted by fashion designer Cynthia Rowley at Storefront Company.
• Founded by the Barrington-born Rowley and her husband, Bill Powers, Exhibition A is a members-only website that sells exclusive editions of artwork by top contemporary artists. They work with artists whose work is exhibited at well-respected galleries and sought after by serious collectors to create editions of their work at affordable prices.
• Chicago artist Gary Weidner was chosen by Exhibition A to feature a limited run of his "Flowers" series, which includes the 30-foot mural at Storefront.
• Approximately 100 guests attended the launch party, which included fashionistas, media types and the always dapper Donnie Madia (Blackbird).
• Storefront partners Steve Harris, Bryan Moscatello (who's also the exec chef), Claudia Gassel and John Dalesandro used the opportunity to showcase their brand-new restaurant, which opened about a month ago in Bucktown.
• Edibles included lamb meatballs, beet cured salmon fennel jam on house-made brioche mini-buns, and house-made tortellini stuffed with cauliflower and mixed with a saute of chanterelle mushrooms and shallots.
• Guests sipped on Belvedere Intense Blood Orange martinis and Hennessey Sidecars.