Friday, June 22, 2012

Major Shakeup at Urban Union: Owner Steps Down

jason_chan
(Photo: Jason Chan)

Jason Chan, the principal partner behind Urban Union, exclusively tells 312DD that he's stepping down as operator of the popular Little Italy restaurant to pursue another dining project.

"I'm still the founder and owner, but I'm no longer the operator on a day-to-day basis," Chan said. "It's extremely important to me that all the customers who came to support me know that I am no longer there. I wish Urban Union all the luck in the world."

He opened the restaurant in January with former Epic and N9NE chef Michael Shrader, who will continue to helm the kitchen as well as act as a partner.

In the meantime, Chan's working fervently to open Urban Union Oyster Bar at Morgan and Fulton streets later this year. It'll be an oyster and raw bar with some cooked entrees. He said that he's signed on a well-regarded local chef to head up the kitchen, but he's keeping that name hush for at least a couple of weeks.

This is a developing story . . .

No comments: