Thursday, September 13, 2012
The Full Schedule For Chicago Gourmet Now Online
ABC-7's Steve Dolinsky and celebrity chef Rick Bayless at "Chicago Gourmet" in 2011. (Photo: Illinois Restaurant Association)
Check out all the details, including live demonstrations, seminars, tastings, booksignings, etc. for Bon Appetit's annual Chicago Gourmet right here. It occurs Sept. 28-30.
Some highlights of what's new this year:
● Nationally acclaimed chef John Besh will participate alongside celebrity chef Geoffrey Zakarian, who owns The Lambs Club in New York City and is a regular fixture on "Iron Chef America" and "Chopped."
● Master Mixologist Bridget Albert of Southern Wine & Spirits co-hosts A Hard Day's Night, a hands-on, spirited cocktail seminar with Bon Appétit Restaurant & Drinks Editor Andrew Knowlton, Southern's Debbi Peek, Charles Joly (The Aviary) and Danny Shapiro (Scowflaw) on Saturday afternoon.
● The Grand Cru Tasting this year will showcase more than 20 percent additional selections compared to 2011, with nearly 100 wines represented. Saturday's event is already sold out.
● The Purple Pig will host a pig roast on the East Lawn on Saturday and Sunday.
● The International Tap will be adjacent to the pig roast, featuring a selection of international beers, including Negra Modelo (Mexico), Peroni (Italy), Singha (Thailand), Stella Artois (Belgium), and Victoria (Mexico).
Finally, don't forget that Dine Around is happening right now through Sept. 30.