Friday, April 16, 2010

Follow Friday: @JohnTheBristol

Photobucket
John Ross, owner of Bucktown's The Bristol. (Photo: The Bristol)


Hello, my name is Audarshia, and I'm a Twitter Addict.

There, I said it! So now that we got that out of the way, I'm so excited to share my obsession with a number of my fellow twerps.

The Bristol, for example, credits part of its tremendous success to owner John Ross, who tweets daily specials to hundreds of hungry fans.

From offal-inspired menu items (boar loin with olive oil and potatoes; crispy pig tails; goat leg with roasted cauliflower) to offbeat pasta dishes (ricotta gnocchi; handmade trenette pasta with confit of suckling pig), Ross gleefully tempts potential diners in with phenomenal fixins' from chef Chris Pandel.

Plus, occasionally they'll feature a special cocktail that you won't find on the menu. You'll feel like you're in the "cool kids club" when you can belly up to the bar and order something you saw on Ross's Twitter feed . . .

Follow John Ross @JohnTheBristol.

No comments: