Friday, May 28, 2010

Disgruntled Diner Creates 'Chicagoans Against Graham Elliot' Facebook Page

Photobucket
(Photo: Graham Elliot)


A diner didn't like his experience at River North resto graham elliot, so he decided to send owner/chef Graham Elliot Bowles a copy of his "review" on Yelp.

Of course, that didn't go over well—he claims he got a prompt "F*ck You" from the "Top Chef Masters" star—so he decided on another approach.

This anonymous person took to Facebook to express his gripes by creating a Chicagoans Against Graham Elliot page:

"This group is open to those who have visited the Chicago restaurant Graham Elliot and felt like they had a negative experience at this establishment."

Right now he's the only member.

Bowles appears to be pretty amused by the guy's actions, and responded on Twitter:

"I luv it! Facebook page called 'Chicagoans Against Graham Elliot' created by someone who didn't like my response to his Yelp post. Bring it!"

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Just because you have one bad experience at a restaurant that absolutely does not make it okay 2 go and create a freaking facebook group against the establishment. I am shocked and appalled that someone would go to that length just to bring someone else down. That man should ashamed of himself for even thinking that was a good idea. Get over it and move don't try 2 destroy someone's rep cuz u didn't get your way.

Five Day Champ said...

Usually when somebody is disappointed with their experience, it is because perception has fallen short of expectation. In my opinion, he was expecting a steak house experience and some huge portions. He needs to do a little research before walking into expensive restaurants, because Graham Elliot is definitely not a steak house. It seems to me that the food is more about fun and innovation than value and old-fashioned steak house overabundance.

Daniel said...

I may not agree with the man's actions, but I think many "celebrity" chefs would do well to be a bit more humble.

Lots of chefs are on TV these days, and just because you're one of them, it doesn't give you any reason to treat people like crap.

If Mr. Elliot wanted to respond and inform the gentleman of his misjudgment, that's one thing, but it sounds like he went over the line in his response, which prompted the diner to create the Facebook page.

It seems that nowadays, we're a long way from the old adage "The customer is always right."

Julie said...

In my humble opinion social media has taken us to a whole new level of "low". I'm a midwestern girl and practice the values I was brought with.

It's just sad that we can't be civil to one another and work out differences the "old fashioned" way.

I have been to places where the food wasn't up to par or just not to my taste buds. The chef either came over and made something more to my tastings/likings or it was simply removed from the bill. I'm not a complainer by any stretch but customer service is customer service especially when there are 6,000+ restaurants in Chicago to choose from. It's why some last longer than others and get written up all the time without the help of a publicist.

Good 'old fashioned values are what we should be following and it works both ways. Understandably, this is simply my opinion.

leyla said...

I love it. I would also like to extend my F*ck You to that diner.

I am SO GLAD that Graham Elliot sent that message back. I am going to go eat at his restaurant TONIGHT to show my approval and support.