Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Congrats Are In Order . . .
Mexican-focused restaurateur Rick Bayless.
Rick Bayless (Frontera Grill/Topolobampo/Xoco) is the only local chef to make the cut in FOOD & WINE Best of the Best Cookbook Recipes Vol. 14 ($32.95).
His Fiesta At Rick's, which was co-written by his wife, Deann Groen Bayless, was one of 25 books selected. The collection includes never-before-published recipes from additional top chefs and authors, dozens of wine pairings from Food & Wine's experts, and stunning color photographs.
Here's the entire list of all 25 best cookbooks of the year:
1. Fiesta At Rick's by Rick Bayless with Deann Groen Bayless
2. Good To The Grain by Kim Boyce with Amy Scattergood
3. Bromberg Bros. Blue Ribbon Cookbook by Bruce Bromberg, Eric Bromberg, and Melissa Clark
4. Cook Italy by Katie Caldesi
5. Flour by Joanne Chang with Christie Matheson
6. Giada At Home by Giada De Laurentiis
7. The Frankies Spuntino Kitchen Companion & Cooking Manual by Frank Falcinelli, Frank Castronovo, and Peter Meehan
8. A Bird In The Oven & Then Some by Mindy Fox
9. Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan
10. Plenty by Diana Henry
11. The Essential New York Times Cookbook by Amanda Hesser
12. Farm To Fork by Emeril Lagasse
13. Baked Explorations by Matt Lewis & Renato Poliafito
14. Chewy Gooey Crispy Crunchy Melt-In-Your-Mouth Cookies by Alice Medrich
15. Sustainably Delicious by Michel Nischan with Mary Goodbody
16. Jamie's America by Jamie Oliver
17. Meat by James Peterson
18. Avec Eric by Eric Ripert with Angie Mosier & Soa Davies
19. Ethan Stowell's New Italian Kitchen by Ethan Stowell & Leslie Miller
20. Eating Local by Sur La Table with Janet Fletcher
21. Heart Of The Artichoke & Other Kitchen Journeys by David Tanis
22. Simply Ming One-Pot Meals by Ming Tsai & Arthur Boehm
23. Fish Tales by Bart van Olphen & Tom Kime
24. In The Green Kitchen by Alice Waters
25. Stir-Frying To The Sky's Edge by Grace Young