Saturday, August 18, 2012
Longman & Eagle Cited For Health Violations
(Photo: Longman & Eagle)
The Michelin-starred Longman & Eagle apparently failed a number of major food and health violations when inspectors last visited on August 9. The violations were listed as Risk 1, which is considered high.
Here's exactly what they found at the Logan Square eatery:
18. NO EVIDENCE OF RODENT OR INSECT OUTER OPENINGS PROTECTED/RODENT PROOFED, A WRITTEN LOG SHALL BE MAINTAINED AVAILABLE TO THE INSPECTORS
Comments: FOUND OVERFLOWING GARBAGE CONTAINERS WITHOUT LOCK AND CHAIN, AND GREASE STAINS ON GROUND AREA, AREA NOT BEING PROPERLY CLEAN AND MAINTAINED, SERIOUS CITATION ISSUED: 7-38-020
33. FOOD AND NON-FOOD CONTACT EQUIPMENT UTENSILS CLEAN, FREE OF ABRASIVE DETERGENTS
Comments: MUST CLEAN VENTS ABOVE COOKING EQUIPMENT FIRST FLOOR AND BASEMENT AREAS
35. WALLS, CEILINGS, ATTACHED EQUIPMENT CONSTRUCTED PER CODE: GOOD REPAIR, SURFACES CLEAN AND DUST-LESS CLEANING METHODS
Comments: MUST PROVIDE A DROP CEILING BASEMENT PREP AREA ABOVE PREP TABLES, MUST SEAL CEILING COMPLETELY, OR REMOVE TABLES IF NOT BEING USED FOR PREP
38. VENTILATION: ROOMS AND EQUIPMENT VENTED AS REQUIRED: PLUMBING: INSTALLED AND MAINTAINED
Comments: MUST PROVIDE THREE SINK STOPPERS FOR THREE COMPARTMENT
40. REFRIGERATION AND METAL STEM THERMOMETERS PROVIDED AND CONSPICUOUS
Comments: MUST PROVIDE WORKING THERMOMETERS INSIDE ALL COOLERS
41. PREMISES MAINTAINED FREE OF LITTER, UNNECESSARY ARTICLES, CLEANING EQUIPMENT PROPERLY STORED
Comments: MUST CLEAN AND BETTER MAINTAIN BASEMENT AREA, REMOVE ALL CLUTTER
Here's the entire report.
That's some pretty grim stuff there.