Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Spread Joy & Cheer To Those Less Fortunate At These Restaurant And Bar Holiday Events
From BIN 36's annual Bubble Bath sparkling wine party to the food drive at Publican, here's where you can spread a little joy:
• A number of the city's top pastry chefs compete in the annual Holiday Rock & Roll benefit at Cafe des Architectes. The likes of Dana Cree (Blackbird), Meg Gaulus (NoMI) and Amanda Rockman (Balena) will present their modern interpretations of the Bûche de Noël, a traditional French holiday dessert. Yours truly will serve as one of the media judges. There will also be savory appetizers, punch bowl cocktails and plenty of holiday jingles from Rod Tuffcurls and The Bench Press. Proceeds from the $35 ticket benefit Share Our Strength. 6-8pm Dec. 10.
• Indulge in three hours of all the sparkling wine you can gulp down at BIN 36's annual Bubble Bath. In addition to more than 75 bubblies, you'll get appetizers and enough desserts to send you into sugar shock. A portion of the proceeds—as well as retail sales through Dec. 31—benefit Lincoln Park Zoo. 6-9pm Dec. 12. Get the $48 tickets right here.
• The decadent turtle pie at Joe's Stone Crab is the December feature for the Pie It Forward program. Order a slice and $1 benefits the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
• The Boundary hosts a Toys for Tots toy drop 5-10pm Dec. 11 and Dec. 13. Guests are encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy for a complimentary side order of tater tots.
• Donate a new, unwrapped toy at Cactus Bar and Grill through Dec. 14 and get a 20 percent discount off your tab. That includes lunch, dinner and drinks. Benefits Toys for Tots.
• Through Dec. 15, $1 from each order of tater tots purchased at Sweetwater Tavern and Grille will benefit Toys For Tots.
• Publican wants to help those who are hungry with its annual food drive. Bring in non-perishable items Dec. 17-23 and they'll give you a ticket for a comped drink. Benefits the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
• Dine at Kit Kat Lounge and Supper Club for 50 percent off Christmas Eve or Christmas dinner. Bring in a non-perishable item that'll help to feed a community supported by local charity, Vital Bridges. For the holidays, they're featuring a prix-fixe menu for $40 ($20 with donation). Of course, there will also be live entertainment by some of the best female impersonators around.