Monday, May 6, 2013
Here's Your Exclusive, First Look At The City's Hottest New Outdoor Lounge: The Dec
(Photos: Ritz-Carlton Chicago)
Let's just get this out of the way: dec Rooftop Lounge + Bar has nothing to do with local restaurateur Billy Dec (Rockit Bar & Grill, Sunda).
It's instead the sleek new outdoor component to deca Restaurant + Bar in the Ritz-Carlton Chicago. The lounge is located on the 12th floor, seats 57, and accommodates 100 guests for light bites, craft cocktails and draught beers from a number of craft breweries.
Here are a few more highlights you'll need to know before dec opens in mid-May:
• An opaque, color-changing LED waved wall and polished stainless steel circular sculpture, "The Lenz," by artist David Sorenson, are certain to catch your eye.
• The food menu's still under construction, but look for light bites beginning at lunchtime. It'll be designed to pair with the libations.
• Get excited about an old-fashioned ice cream cart rolling through with sundae selections.
Dec's B-"Arack" cocktail
• Look for a number of kegged drinks such as Cucumber Collins (cucumber gin, St. Germain, house-made cucumber thyme soda); a batch bourbon cocktail with pineapple juice and a syrup of lemongrass, Thai chilies and maple syrup; and a second-day, barrel-aged rum drink with Pimms #1, Fernet, peach bitters and rose water.
El Diablo's Mule
• The craft cocktails will take a little longer to whip up, and most contain locally sourced ingredients. Highlights include the B-"Arack" (with Chicago-based Few Whiskey flavored with anise, beet juice from Nichols Farm and Bee Love honey) and El Diablo's Mule (tequila, ginger beer, Casis and lime juice).