Thursday, January 12, 2012

This Makes Me Very, Very Happy . . .

Photobucket
GT Fish & Oyster's lobster roll. (Photo: Serious Eats Chicago)

Serious Eats Chicago's A Sandwich A Day feature has quickly become one of my favorite things in the world.

I mean, seriously, who doesn't like sandwiches?!

Their latest adventure was at GT Fish & Oyster, where SE's editor Nick Kindelsperger dug into the magnificent lobster roll:

". . . I had to do a double take when I realized that the lobster roll at GT Fish & Oyster was a whopping $23. So...how does a $23 sandwich taste?

"Pretty freaking amazing. Cool hunks of sweet lobster meat are dressed ever-so-lightly with a house-made mayonnaise, before being nestled in a Labriola roll that has been buttered and grilled. What's most surprising is that while it is artfully presented and dressed, the succulent lobster meat is still the first thing you taste."

Trust me, it is worth every bite!

No comments: