Monday, December 10, 2012
Stephanie Izard's 'Little Goat Bread' Opens Inside Little Goat On Dec. 13 in the West Loop
Chef Stephanie Izard of the Goat empire. (Photo: Girl & the Goat)
Fans of the highly personable Stephanie Izard are going to have to wait until the end of the month to finally check out contemporary diner concept Little Goat, but they'll get a sneak preview when Little Goat Bread opens Thursday.
Here are some facts about the venue within a venue:
• Little Goat Bread will serve morning pastries, soup and sandwiches for lunch, and freshly roasted Stumptown Coffee throughout the day.
• The glass-enclosed bakery will also produce all of the breads for Girl & the Goat, Izard's award-winning restaurant located directly across the street.
• The retail shop located inside Little Goat Bread will include some of Izard's favorite finds, like honey from a locally sponsored bee farm, Izard's own maple syrup blend and Goat apparel and merchandise.
• The bar area will feature a selection of handcrafted cocktails and 12 small craft beers on tap at all times, starting with brews from Solemn Oath, Bells and Stillwater artisanal ales.
• The diner portion of Little Goat is slated to open later in December.