Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What If This Rollergirl Had a High Roller?!

Photobucket
Riley Coyote of the Double Crossers professional roller derby team. (Photo: Katie Stapely)


If Melanie LaForce suddenly found herself showered with $$$ from a wealthy suitor, the first thing she'd do is spend some on dining and drinking at Chicago's most established spots.

LaForce (who goes by the handle "Riley Coyote") is a jammer and blocker for the Double Crossers, one of four home teams in the Windy City Rollers professional roller derby league. This means, of course, that this high-energy athlete can eat and drink as she pleases, so if she had the funds, she wouldn't hold back!

Her first stop would be Alinea ("It's sort of a dream place, and you always hear about its cutting-edge dishes. Plus, it won't be in my budget for a long time.").

She also had these gems about some of her other fave spots:

"I would get Asado coffee every morning, and Mindy Segal (Hot Chocolate) treats every night before bed with a Whistler cocktail (The Last Straw made with Broker’s Gin, green chartreuse, lemon, Maraschino, egg white)."

"I would make Rick Bayless bring me (Xoco) churros on my roller derby bout mornings. And Revolution Brewery bring me a growler post-bout."

"I would eat Rose Angelis pastas after yoga classes, and Urban Belly noodle soups each week to ward off head colds."

"I would eat 30 oysters weekly at Shaw's to keep me virile."

And the pièce de résistance:

"I would totally ask Charlie Trotter to come feed me raw food and snuggle. He's kind of my nerd crush."

Get tickets and schedule for upcoming games here. The first one's Jan. 30 at UIC Pavilion.

Follow Riley Coyote on Twitter!

1 comment:

9a said...

The game is Jan 30th at UIC Pavilion, 525 South Racine Avenue.
Tickets on sale now!