Thursday, June 16, 2011

Secret Raphael Saadiq Show at The Gage!

Photobucket
Raphael Saadiq performed a secret supper club show at The Gage Wednesday. (Photo: Columbia)

Man, when I found out R&B/soul singer Raphael Saadiq was going to perform at The Gage Wednesday night, I tried everything I could to get in.

Alas, my contacts didn't come through, but the event sounded absolutely fabulous.

Saadiq was apparently in town to promote his brand-new album, Stone Rollin', and the basement private dining area was an ideal setting.

My Ultimate Insider told me that the space was transformed into a Mad Men-era bachelor pad, complete with vintage coffee tables and the whole nine.

"It was pimp!" exclaimed my source about the setup as well as the supper club-style dinner, which included a mussels station and classic cocktails. Sounds like that complements the new album pretty tightly, considering that it pays homage to 1960s singers like Curtis Mayfield, Little Walter and Ray Charles.

Look for The Gage to host cool, themed events like this in coming months in the lower-level lounge, including the hot new "semi secret" Downstairs basement bash on June 27.

No comments: